As well as being fun and educational, it has been shown that spending time in the outdoors does amazing things for our mental health.
Our aim is that by the end of a session you will leave with more knowledge and less stress!
Sessions will run at a mutually agreed date. Sessions must be booked during 2021.
Currently we are only offering 'covid secure' sessions. These will be offered to family bubbles only.
These will all be two hours long running from 1-3pm, utilising the woods at St Peter’s Primary school in Newchurch, Rossendale.
Learn how to turn a spark or an ember into a fire without the need of matches or a lighter. (various methods both ancient and modern)
Basic whittling techniques and safe use of a bushcraft knife (can be adapted or changed for younger adventurers)
Simple campfire cooking (foods to suit your own tastes)
£55 for up to two people £80 for up to four (minimum age 7, one must be 18+)
This is your own personalised session for 4-6 people.
It may be better for you to choose what you’d like to do. These woodland experiences are time based. You will pay for an amount of time, then fill it with your choice of activities. These will all be start from 1pm, utilising the woods at St Peter’s Primary school in Newchurch, Rossendale.
Either 2 hours for £100 or 3 hours for £125
1-hour activities to choose from include…
· Firelighting from spark to establishment (various methods both ancient and modern)
· Shelter building (challenge yourself learning new knots and lashings)
· Campfire cooking (cook a range of foods to suit your tastes)
· Knife skills (7+) (learn how to safely create some essential items)
· Woodland arts and crafts (a range of activities calming, therapeutic, messy and creative)
Is there something else you fancy doing? Then just let us know… we pride ourselves on being able to adapt to your needs!